Click the banner below to see "The Final Countdown" video by Europe

Click the banner below to see "The Final Countdown" video by Europe
The final pro hockey game at the Spectrum has been played.

Friday, January 9, 2009

Phantoms at Grand Rapids 1-9-09: Connectivity problems

Boy, what a FRIGHTFUL connection we have tonight. I have missed most of the broadcast so far, on hold with the AHL Live Chat tech support.

The only thing I can discern, between the bits and drabs of video that are coming up, is that Szwez/Downey fought in the first few seconds of the game, and that there was another fight a few minutes ago.

I can't seem to access the Phantoms audio no matter what I do, and the video is more like a slide show than video.

AHL Live tech support said that there are some streaming issues at the arena, that the road team audio is available by radio, and that there are problems with the video. Um... yeah, I can confirm that diagnosis.

I hope they get the Gremlins out of the connection. As the game stands now, this is literally unwatchable.

To wit, the frozen-video stream jumped back into action just in time to show us the Griffins get a goal. The Grand Rapids announcer -- did I mention that the Philly audio is not available in combination with the video tonight? -- said that the Griffins have "tied the game at 1-1". Um, 1-1? I didn't even know the Phantoms had scored. The screen was frozen for that part of the game, I guess.

Well, I hope the Phantoms score more goals, whether I can see them or not. But I sure would rather see them.

No comments:

 
CLICK HERE to watch "The Final Countdown" video by Europe