Click the banner below to see "The Final Countdown" video by Europe

Click the banner below to see "The Final Countdown" video by Europe
The final pro hockey game at the Spectrum has been played.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Phantoms at Lowell Devils 02-11-09

I tried to watch the game online wirelessly, while on my way home on the AC Expressway, but the wireless connection was inconsistent and my cell phone battery eventually went kaput. However, I did manage to get home in time to see the last part of the third period, plus the OT and shootout.(Have I ranted recently that I LOATHE SHOOTOUTS?)

At least *this* shootout turned out with a happy ending, for the Phantoms, even if it DID take nine rounds' worth of shooters to determine a winner. But the end result was a Phantoms 2-1 victory.

Here's the recap of the game from the Phantoms site.

And here is the link to the box score.

Next up: the Phantoms play on the road on Friday (Bridgeport) and Saturday( Binghamton), and at home (inasmuch as the Wachovia Center is "home") on Monday (vs. Hamilton).

No comments:

 
CLICK HERE to watch "The Final Countdown" video by Europe