Click the banner below to see "The Final Countdown" video by Europe

Click the banner below to see "The Final Countdown" video by Europe
The final pro hockey game at the Spectrum has been played.

Friday, December 5, 2008

Phantoms vs. Hartford 12-05-08: Third Period

I freely admit that I missed the first half or so of the third period. Garrett Burnett met with fans on the concourse, and since he lives at the other end of the continent, in BC, it was an opportunity I couldn't pass up. However, I returned to my seat just in time to see the Phantoms make the score 5-3, in our favor, and moments after that Jonathan Matsumoto was awarded a penalty shot. To the great delight of all present (well, other than Hartford fans, that is ;) ), Matsy scored. As I type, the score is now 6-3, Phantoms and there are 4 and a half minutes remaining in the game. SOG Phantoms 25, Hartford 39. I'm not a bit pleased that we have given up that many shots, but we DID score six goals so I certainly can't gripe too much. This game is a hundred billion times better than that agonizing Hershey game last week, to be sure.

Garrett's leaving Philly early in the mornng tomorrow, unfortunately for us, so he won't be on hand for tomorrow night's game. However, he does want to be here for the last game in the Spectrum. I hope to heck we get a lot of alumni and they get honored pregame, when the time comes.

We're down to the final minute of the third period now, and Hartford is pressing pretty hard. We're doing a good job of breaking up their attempts to get set up, however, and clearing the puck out.

There's the final horn -- the Good Guys win! :)

Stars: #3: Anisimov (Hartford); #2: Giroux, #1 Ross.

No comments:

 
CLICK HERE to watch "The Final Countdown" video by Europe