Click the banner below to see "The Final Countdown" video by Europe

Click the banner below to see "The Final Countdown" video by Europe
The final pro hockey game at the Spectrum has been played.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Muny is Money; Phantoms shut out Bruins 2-0

I was extremely pleased to come home and see that the Phantoms had won this afternoon's game in Providence, 2-0. WTG Scotty Munroe! That's his second shutout of the year. I tip my cap to him for doing an excellent job, particularly in the wake of the 46(!!!) shots he faced. No wonder he was the first star of the game.

Our other two stars were equally deserving. Claude Giroux and Jared Ross both had a goal and an assist apiece; moreover, Ross had EIGHT shots on goal. Holy moley, Tuukka Rask is going to be seeing shots on goal from Jared Ross in his sleep after a performance like that!

I'm not sure, off the top of my head, how many consecutive games we had with a PP goal prior to this one, but that streak appears to be broken. That's OK, I'll take a shutout win with two even strength goals any day of the week and twice on Sundays. ;) Nobody asks HOW you score goals, just how MANY.

In any event, I'm proud of this team for withstanding a barrage of shots on goal and keeping every one of them out. I'm looking forward to watching this one on the ahllive.com archives, for sure!

Here is the box score from the AHL site.

Oddly enough, it's nearly midnight and there is no game recap posted at this time. Maybe some kind of system glitch delayed article's arrival. I'll take another look in the morning, and if the recap appears online, I'll provide a link to it.

No comments:

 
CLICK HERE to watch "The Final Countdown" video by Europe