Click the banner below to see "The Final Countdown" video by Europe

Click the banner below to see "The Final Countdown" video by Europe
The final pro hockey game at the Spectrum has been played.

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Glad we're done with this Norfolk trip

Ouch. I just read the Phantoms site's recap of the October 4 game. Looks like we had a few issues in Norfolk... we lost 7-1. The good news is that our pair of losses down there were our ONLY two losses of the preseason.

The Phantoms' and Flyers' next game will be at the Spectrum on October 7. This will be the final time that the Flyers play in the Spectrum. The seat next to my season ticket seat wasn't available, so Mark and I will be attending the game but sitting one section over from my normal location. We'll still be in front of the press box, but not in the area of the Phantoms' tunnel.

Our seats for this game are a few rows behind where I normally sit, as well. Given that I'm still in physical therapy for a knee injury, I suspect I'm better off having fewer steps to navigate.

On the one hand, I'm looking forward to Tuesday's game. On the other hand, it's one of a long string of "Last ___ ever in the Spectrum" pronouncements that we're going to hear throughout the season, and part of me still winces every time I hear a sentence built around that phrase. This time, it's the "Last appearance by the Flyers ever in the Spectrum". A week ago, I was unable to attend the "Last game between NHL opponents in the Spectrum", when the Flyers faced the Carolina Hurricanes and won a preseason game. On October 10, The Phantoms will have the "Last Opening Night in the Spectrum". As I said, we'll be seeing this phrase a lot over the coming months. I hope, for the sake of what's left of my sanity, that I'm inured to hearing it before long.

No comments:

 
CLICK HERE to watch "The Final Countdown" video by Europe