Click the banner below to see "The Final Countdown" video by Europe

Click the banner below to see "The Final Countdown" video by Europe
The final pro hockey game at the Spectrum has been played.

Friday, October 10, 2008

The /South Philly Review/ commemorative issue

I was surprised yesterday to see that the South Philly Review, the community newspaper that's delivered in ZIP codes that include 19145, 19148, and possibly a few others nearby, printed a commemorative Spectrum issue.

In fact, I first learned about it before our issue of the paper was even delivered. A friend called me and asked, "Just when ARE they tearing down the Spectrum, anyway?" He was surprised when I told him "sometime in 2009", and cited the Review's commemorative issue for this week. He asked why they were printing this so far in advance of the building's actual demolition. I told him that there have been two big ceremonies in there recently: the final Flyers game vs. an NHL opponent, and the Flyers/Phantoms game. "And", I added, "this doesn't rule out the printing of other commemorative articles as time goes on. You never know."

Needless to say, this issue of the Review will be getting included with any other memorabilia I accrue during this season.

No comments:

 
CLICK HERE to watch "The Final Countdown" video by Europe