Click the banner below to see "The Final Countdown" video by Europe

Click the banner below to see "The Final Countdown" video by Europe
The final pro hockey game at the Spectrum has been played.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

I saw a post on the Flyersphans board that the Flyers have waived J.S. Aubin, presumably with the intent of sending him to the Phantoms as he's got a two-way contract (or so I read).

I can say that Niittymaki, who was outstanding on Tuesday night in goal for the Phantoms, was not in attendance at the Phantoms' Meet the Team event last night. But neither was Aubin. The goalies who were at the Meet the Team event were Munroe, Teslak, and Duchesne.

I have yet to see an official transaction list online that includes a mention of Aubin's being waived, so I don't know what to think there. What I do know is that I'd rather see Nitty get a rehab stint with the Phantoms before being sent back up to the big club. I'd feel a lot more at ease about his missing training camp and the preseason if he got some game action with our guys before rejoining the Flyers.

The subject of assigning players to minor-league affiliates reminds me of this: I still haven't seen a formal announcement regarding what ECHL team will be our affiliate this year. According to Frank Miceli, who was the Phan Club's guest speaker in September, we were in negotiations with an ECHL team. However, he was not at liberty to disclose what team that was. That was three weeks ago, and since then I've seen no new information on the subject. It looks like we'll find out who our ECHL affiliate is when we start assigning guys there. This will probably start with goalies, since we've already got a surplus of netminders and that's not including the potentially impending arrival of Aubin.

No comments:

 
CLICK HERE to watch "The Final Countdown" video by Europe