Click the banner below to see "The Final Countdown" video by Europe

Click the banner below to see "The Final Countdown" video by Europe
The final pro hockey game at the Spectrum has been played.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Phantoms at Hartford: First Period

They have not announced the scratches yet. The starting line will be on the box score, though.

Aubin is in goal for the Phantoms. I'd be tempted to split the games a bit more evenly, were I the coach at this point in this season, but in a multi-game weekend there will be plenty of ice time to go around for everyone.

Argh on givng up an early PP goal. The Pack announcers said that Aubin had no chance on the goal, but I hope that it doesn't get between his ears early.

I know he's a butterfly goalie, but after our previous game, I'm getting skittish sometimes when I see him drop to make a save. He had gone down prior to every goal that went in on Sunday. As long as he doesn't commit prematurely, we should avoid some of the issues we ran into in that game.

Doesn't it figure that I get a PHONE CALL during the first period? There goes a drawback to being at home watching a game onlne. ;) So I missed a decent portion of the period, including most of the Clackson fight. At least I'll be able to watch the parts I missed on the archive later.

Right now, I'm watching a late-first-period PP for the Phantoms, and it took us the first half of the man advantage to be able to really set up in the Hartford end. Finally, we're cycling the puck the way we should. We didn't score, but we did create some real chances. That's the only way we will get the puck into the net -- we certainly won't score when the WolfPack are swarming around OUR net...!

We are heading into the first intermission trailing 1-0. Hartford had 11 shots on goal; the Phantoms had 8.

I'm looking at our starting lineup now. Our assistant captains are listed as Curry and Guenin; our starting lineup was Downie, Giroux, and Clackson, with Syvret and Guenin on D and Aubin in goal.

Scratches appear to be Teslak, Klotz, Beaulieu, and Hersley. Ross, Powe, and Nodl are up with the Flyers, and Cabana is with Mississippi.

No comments:

 
CLICK HERE to watch "The Final Countdown" video by Europe