Click the banner below to see "The Final Countdown" video by Europe

Click the banner below to see "The Final Countdown" video by Europe
The final pro hockey game at the Spectrum has been played.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Transactions: Nodl and Cabana

Finally, the Phantoms site has announced that Andreas Nodl has been called up to the Flyers. Here is the article.

That particular move is unsurprising, as it's been mentioned in the local newspapers in the past day or two.

However, I am entirely floored by the OTHER transaction that came through today. Freddy Cabana has been assigned to Mississippi. I first saw this info in a topic on the Phantoms Phorum. I honestly thought I misread the thread title until I clicked on the topic, read through it, and realized that the transaction is listed on the AHL's transaction page.

I am absolutely scratching my head at this move. This was the LAST thing I had expected to see us do. I can't even begin to offer an opinion here; I know that we have surplus players on the team at the moment, and their dispatch to Mississippi was imminent, but I would never have expected Cabana to be included on that list.

So all I can do is say "Kick butt while your with the Flyers" to Nodl, and "Kick butt with the SeaWolves because I want to see you back up here!" to Cabana.

*** Edited to add: Here is an article about the Cabana transaction.

No comments:

 
CLICK HERE to watch "The Final Countdown" video by Europe